Longest Running REITs Investing Course in Singapore
Since 2012, Kenny has been teaching his blog readers about Investing in Singapore REITs, making this the longest-running REITs Investing Course in Singapore. Using a refreshed syllabus since 2022, this is a 2-day course that aims to provide financial professionals with the knowledge and skills about the fundamentals of investing in REITs (specifically Singapore REITs) and enable them to make informed decisions in relation to investing in REITs.
- IBF Programme Details Page
- View the course prospectus here
- Contact me to stay updated with the latest dates!
Upcoming Course Details:
- Date: TBC (2 Saturdays in a row, 9am to 5pm)
- Course Length: 13.5hrs training, 0.5hrs assessment
- Location: TBC
- Course fees:
– Singaporean (40 and above): $200*
– Singaporean (under 40): $600*
– Permanent Resident (all ages): $600*
– Foreigners: $2000
* The eligibility for the IBF-STS Enhanced Funding Scheme are:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents that are physically based in Singapore.
- Successfully completed the course and passed the assessment with a minimum grade of 70%.
- Be always visible in the video recording of the course.
Key Learning Outcomes
- To understand if investing in REITs does or does not help you (and/or clients) in achieving their investment objectives.
- Understand how REITs work, their business model, their different sectors, and the market that REITs operate in.
- Understand the different criteria and financial ratios of different REITs to make an informed decision when investing in a particular REIT.
- Learn about how external events and news (such as a pandemic) can affect the REIT market.
- Learn several technical analysis techniques to be able to time their entry/exit into the market.
- Learn how to increase their return and/or reduce their investment risk through tools available to them (e.g diversification and leverage).
Course Syllabus Outline
- View the course prospectus here for the full programme details and lesson plans.
- Introduction to REITs (what is a REIT, its business model, REITs vs Physical Properties etc.)
- The REIT Market and Macro Environment
- REIT Sectors and Geographical Distributions of properties
- Terminology and the various Financial and Fundamental Ratios of REITs
- Impact of COVID-19 on S-REITs (new!)
- SGX New Initiatives (ESG, Transparency Index)
- Where to obtain REIT-related Information
- How to select REITs for your Investment Portfolio
- Technical Analysis techniques to time your entry (and exit) in/out of the market
- Tools and Techniques to increase your returns on REITs
- How to build a Diversified REIT Portfolio
- Hands-on Case Studies
After Course Support
This comprehensive training programme comes with after-course support, which includes:
- Access to Facebook Closed Group
- Exclusive Market Update Webinars/Seminars
- Free trial of the comprehensive StocksCafe REIT Screener
- Telegram Channel for:
- REIT Market updates
- REIT news
- Monthly blog updates on Singapore REIT markets
- Monthly Singapore REIT Update Interviews with MoneyFM89.3
- Kenny Loh’s email address for further questions
Testimonials for Pre-2021 Courses
- Course Insights – article written by Tan Jia Hui from Shares Investment – Yahoo Finance 3 Tips to Increasing Returns on REITs Investment.
- Course Insights – article by kk. 新加坡信托选擇法
Fee Based Consultation: Build a REIT Portfolio to meet your Passive Income Goal
(1) Understanding your investment objective and your passive income goal
(2) Analyse your Personal Investing Risk Profile
(3) Recommend a suitable Asset Allocation to you, and assess what is the right allocation % of REIT in your portfolio base on your current financial health and life stage. ** Note: this is an important step because this is Risk Management for your own investment **
(4) Personalise a diversified REIT portfolio with risk-minimizing strategies
(5) REITs recommendation and allocation for your portfolio
(6) Help you to monitor and manage your REIT portfolio (i.e. I do all the works for you) – annual advisory fee applied (optional).
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.