FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts (FTSE ST REIT) Index changes from 740.76 to 693.59 compare to last post on Singapore REIT Fundamental Comparison Table on Nov 9, 2013. The index is trading below 200D SMA and technically bearish. Currently the index is just sitting on the previous low support. More down side expected if the support is broken. Fundamentally there is still a fear of interest hike in near future which dampen the investment sentiment in REIT.
Compare to last Singapore REIT comparison table:
Added VIVA Industrial Trust in the table.
- Price/NAV drops from 1.0213 to 0.9748. (More yellow in the table now –> More REIT is under value now)
- Dividend Yield increases from 6.15% to 6.50%. (Yield is getting more attractive)
- Gearing Ratio increases from 32.92% to 33.34%.
- In general, most Singapore REIT is slightly under value now and the distribution yield is getting attractive. However technically Singapore REIT is in the bearish territory and going to drop further if the support (FTSE ST REIT Index Chart) is broken. So don’t be ignorant to think this is the time to buy REIT yet as the price can drop further. The uncertainty in term of interest hike in near future remains high as Federal is getting very close to start QE tapering after a series of good economy data in US. If you are still holding REIT at the moment, you need to have a strong heart to handle the potential new drop in your REIT. Good Luck!
- See Bubble Charts: Risk Prevention & Value Pick.
Find out how do I conduct research on Singapore REIT, how I color code and interpret those financial ratio in the comparison table, and why am I NOT touching any REIT at the moment although some REITs are undervalue. Find out WHERE and HOW to read the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trust Index because timing is very critical in making any investment decision. Check out my next public tutorial on “How to pick Singapore REIT for Dividend Investing” .