Sad to see that so many peoples are slaughtered by the professional traders on Genting Singapore and Genting HK. The professional traders are making money both ways when Genting SP & HK moves up and comes down (they are short selling the stocks!). I decide to write this post so that everyone can learn from this Genting mistakes and make it as lesson learnts. I welcome everyone to post their stories here, either a success story why and how you make money on Genting, or why and how you lose money trading these two Genting stocks. I hope all the sharing here will benefits everyone so that we don’t make the similar mistakes in future.
For those who get burnts on Genting Singapore & Genting HK. You need to find out WHY and HOW you are getting burnt. If you know the WHY and HOW, you can minimise the same mistakes in future. Please take note that I use the phrase of “minimise the mistake” but not “eliminate the mistakes”. As human being, you definitely will make the same mistakes again although you know them. I must confess here “I do make the same stupid mistakes twice” in my trading and thus lose money.
You may ask yourself the following questions on your Genting Singapore or Genting HK stock trading:
- Are you buying the stock at high or low? What is your trading rules? Buy Low Sell High, or Buy High Sell Higher?
- Are you listening to other “experts” or reading the analyst reports to make your BUY decision? Do you know those experts already set the whole thing up (they have already bought the shares long long time ago) and waiting for you to push the share price up so that they can sell high and make all the profit?
- Do you know that Genting is still losing money as a whole?
- Do you know how long Genting will take to finally breakeven their original investment?
- Why the President & COO of Genting Singapore selling his shares recently, if everything is so rosy?
- Did you see everyone is chasing the stock and cause the stock chart pattern become a parabolic curve?
- Do you know what will happen next after the parabolic curve chart pattern?
- You only hear people boosting how much money they make on Genting, do you know how many peoples out there losing money but they keep quiet? Stock market is ZERO SUM game, someone makes the money from someone lose. Most of the cases, professional traders make tons of money from the retail investors like you and me.
- Do you know how frequent the analysts change BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendation and target price in just these few months? The Genting business model and fundamental cannot change in overnight but the analyst recommendation and target price changes just in a split of seconds. They modified their assumptions and change target price to justify their assumption. Do you know what does the “assumptions” mean? Assumption means “Using Personal Opinion with some numbers”. You can become your own analyst too if you know how to make assumptions.
- What mentality you have when you buy these stocks? Are you telling yourself “I sure make money because Genting will go up to $3.00 because X analysts said that”, or asking yourself “When should I cut loss if Genting falls?” Will the result be different when you change your mindset and the way you ask the questions to yourself? You need to know that there are two different mindsets in stock trading, ie. defensive and offensive.
I welcome to see different comments from everyone. Together we learn!