Apple (AAPL) currently is taking a pause and consolidating in the Descending Triangle. Probably AAPL will continue to trade in this triangle until the earning result on Jan 27 AMC,
Boeing has been trading within a Descending Triangle consolidation mode for many months. This chart pattern is not for investor (cannot make money from buy low sell high strategy) because the stock price is moving side way.
However this chart pattern is very good for Option traders and range trader (using CFD) for short term trading.
- Short Vertical Call Spread near Resistance – Bearish Direction
- Short Vertical Put Spread near Support ($119 has been a reliable support, also the 38.2% Fibonacci Retracement Level) – Bullish Direction
- Short Iron Condor between $117 and $131 – Non Directional & Premium Collection
- If $119 support is broken, Long Put if Vega is low.
Range Trading using CFD Strategy
- Short at Resistance (Declining Trend Line)
- Long at Support (at about $119)
- About $10 range
Original Post by Marubozu My Stocks Investing Journey
FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts (FTSE ST REIT) Index changes from 714.18 to 731.88 compare to last post on Singapore REIT Fundamental Comparison Table on Mar 1, 2014. The index is trading above 200D SMA (moving sideway) after breaking out from a Descending Triangle. A trend reversal in making base on technical analysis.
- Price/NAV increases from 0.9687 to 0.9930.
- Dividend Yield decreases from 6.84% to 6.72%
- Gearing Ratio maintain at 34.00%.
- In general (base on quantitative analysis and technical analysis), most Singapore REIT is slightly under value now and the distribution yield is attractive (but with risks). Most of the Singapore REITs are trading in a consolidation range but some REITs have broken the 200D SMA resistance. These REITs may start an uptrend soon if they are able to stay above the 200D SMA as support.
- There are one key negative point to take note when investing in Singapore REITs:
- The uncertainty in term of interest hike in near future remains high as Federal has started the QE tapering. Any hike in interest will affect the distribution income (reduction), NAV (value drops) and also the gearing ratio (increase) of the REIT. All of these will weaken the fundamental of the REIT and affect the REIT share price.
- Singapore Interest Rate is creeping up quietly but you don’t see BIG news in the newspaper. Look at the % of increase in 2014, from 0.05% to 0.2% — 4X!
- And look at the past high in 20 years! The interest rate can go to as high as 10% and average at about 4%. The current interest rate is chicken feet! There is one thing GUARANTEE that interest rate will SURE go up! Everyone should be very cautious about the interest impact on your current investment and mortgage loan. It is extremely important to equip yourself with financial knowledge now before it is too late in you want to stay in this investing world. No excuse for financial ignorant because you are fully responsible on your own investment.
- However there are some REITs in Singapore have been managing their debt maturity profile pretty well and have minimum impact if there is an increase in interest rate. The DPU should not be affected much and the risk of DPU reduction is minimal. The key thing here is how to find out those “Gem” by applying the right method to analyse the Risks. Join the next workshop on “How to pick Singapore REIT for Dividend Investing” to learn how to do Quantitative, Qualitative Analysis and Risk Assessment Plus Identify the Trend on Singapore REITs so not to miss out any opportunity to pick up “Low Risk REITs with Decent Dividend Yield”.
- Visual Comparison for Singapore REITs using Bubble Charts.